Thursday, August 10, 2006

Beautiful Arrival

Emmaline "Emmie" Rose arrived at 6:48am on Tuesday, August 8th. She was 7 lbs 14.5 oz and 20 inches long (but according to daddy she didn't streach out all the way so that could be short by half an inch =o)) She has some dark hair and dark blue gray eyes (which will probably stay that way since both Chad and I have blue eyes.)

We went into the hospital around 8:30am on the 7th so that I could be induced. Things progressed very slowly throughout the day but I was comfortable so it was more or less a dull day but tiring none the less. Around 9:30pm the doctor decided to get things moving a little bit and took the necessary steps at which point I decided I was too tired from the day to really deal with the pain so I took the necessary step and got an epidural around 11:30pm. After that I was really only in active labor for 4 hours but thanks to the epidural I was able to sleep through pretty much all of it. Which ended up being a good thing because it took close to 3 hours of pushing before Emmie decided it was time to come.

Chad and I are very thankful for all your prayers and support during this time. There were a couple of times when Emmie's heartrate dropped during my labor (I had to go on oxygen and they had to quickly adjust medication levels) and towards the end both Chad and I were quickly becoming physically exhausted (him from being awake for 24 hours and me from pushing). However, we both felt the peace and strength of God during those times and knew we were being lifted up before our Father.

We are now all home and doing well. Please continue to pray for us during this time of adjustment for us and for Emmie. I'll be posting pictures just as soon as I can. =o)

2 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Praise God and welcome little Emmie Rose!!

Jeanette said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both!