Friday, February 22, 2008

My little maid

Emmie is usually very helpful when I clean on Friday morning. She puts the pillowcases in the laundry basket and even follows me around with her little vaccuum cleaner while I am using the real one. Today she decided that the kitchen floor really needed to be mopped. She knows I hate mopping. (I finally decided last week that if I get a swiffer wet jet mop I would be more inclined to mop but I'm waiting until they have the $5 off coupon in the paper to get it.) So in order to help she opened up the water filter spout (we have a 2 gallon brita filter container on our counter). If opened all the way, like she did, it stays open until you flip the lever to close it. By the time I got to it, there was about a gallon of water on the ground. Well, at least the floor is clean now. =o)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Totally with you on the mopping! I convinced Jeremy to get me a swiffer mop, and indeed, I believe the floor has been mopped about an equal number of times in the past 2-3 months that it was in about the previous year. ;-)