Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lightbulb

"Go get bebe?," this is what Emmie said (yes, said) to me yesterday after we dropped off my friend Sarah and her almost 7-month-old at one store before we went to a different store. She didn't understand why we weren't going the same place as her little friend. The lightbulb has gone on this past week and Emmie is starting to communicate a lot more. She walks around the house saying "mommy, mommy, mommy" and then runs over to me and yells "mommy!" and gives me a hug. Every once and awhile I'll be in a different room and I'll hear "mommy?" and after I reply, there is a long string of gibberish and then she'll walk out to the room I'm in and look at me like "do you agree?" It's quite cute.

She, for the most part, understands how to use "yes" and "no." We play 20 questions quite frequently now to find out what she wants. It's usually pretty effective but there are times when she's tired and the answer to everything is "no, no, no" accompanied by emphatic shaking of the head.

I think it may be a bad sign that my child watches too much tv when she bring the remote to me and says, "tee, tee, tee, tee" on a consistant basis. (She just brought me my sneaker and pointed to the knot and said, "out, out, out." I'm swelling up with pride.) She even asked to watch "melmo" this morning. I usually let her watch it if I have something (like blogging) that I want to get done that she can't help me with. She usually "helps" me do some chores in the morning first before we get to that point so I don't feel too bad. =o) And right now she seems to be content pulling all the shoes off the rack and bringing them in the house to try on despite her "tur-tul" (baby einstein) video being on. Ooo, now she's moved onto bringing the plastics into the house but to prevent contamination she put a snowglove she found on one hand to protect herself.

Chad is quite proud of Emmie's speaking ability as she now says "Go Terps!" and "Tur-Tul" when asked too. He had one of his Maryland shirts on last night and she was pointing at it and saying "tur-tul." He was glowing with pride. Now we have to work on "Go Blue!" and "Wolverines" but those might be a little bit longer in coming.

On a more me note, I found some really cute tops at Ann Taylor Loft yesterday so that made me very happy. I have several skirts that are suitable for a fancy evening out but I had yet to find tops to go with them but I solved that yesterday with 2 tops for under $40. Hurray for me! Valentine's Day here I come! =o) I would show you via link but they aren't available on the website anymore. =o/ One's a saphire blue short-sleeved wrap top and the other is a burgandy sleeveless that is hard to explain but the straps are a black strip of material that laces through the back and front of the shirt to gather it and then ties in the front.

My presence is being requested in the other room by my daughter so I will take my leave now. =o)

2 comments:

Sarah M. said...

Heheh. She is so adorable! I love her little voice. It was a fun day, even if it was a bit crazy running here and there. Btw... check out my blog, I tagged you in a book post. :)

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!!! I love Emmie stories and so cool about you getting cute stuff for V-Day! Post pics if you can, bet you look awesome.