Monday, March 17, 2008

My New Favorite Pastimes

1. CVS-ing
This may very well be the most addictive bargin/free shopping ever. I think Money Saving Mom is now one of my favorite websites. I can hardly wait to see her posts on Saturdays.

2. Bracketology
Chad really enjoys college basketball. I am married to Chad. Therefore, I really enjoy college basketball. Ok, so that's not the most logical statement ever, but I do enjoy filling out a bracket for March Madness. I did it even before I met/dated/married Chad. Filling out brackets is even more fun when you do it with a large group of friends to see who has the most insight into the world that is college basketball. It makes watching the tournament with your husband much more enjoyable too. Especially when that crazy upset you picked (and he didn't) actually happens. =o)

3. Training
Did you know that most marathons have a relay option? That means you only have to run 6-7 miles to participate. So grab 3 friends (companionship), pay the entrance fee (motivation), pick a training program (consistancy), meet once a month to run/walk together (accountability), Get up early and run the race (accomplishment). Perks are: Lose weight (happy, happy day), Get shirts and medals (coolness factor), Have fun with your friends (Gotta love it!). Still working on the walking to running part? So am I. Check out Health for cool workouts/training programs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Safeway this week? They have an awesome deal running where they give money back to you. Last night, I got $40 worth of food, had $20 in coupons, ended up paying $20 and they gave me back $10 for next time! Check it out! :) WELL worth it!
geni
a CVS mega buddy!

Mark and Erin said...

Oh, I know...isn't MoneySavingMom an awesome site!? We have no CVS down here (argh) and we have no CVS where we will be moving too (double argh) so I am trying to be content with just watching others rake in the good hauls. :-P I think if I work at it, Walgreens could be pretty productive too though. :-)