Friday, July 31, 2009

Spring-Summer Update

Ok, so I'm horrible at keeping this blog updated. =o) But maybe I'll try and do more of a weekly thing now that I'm over my morning sickness. That's right, for those of you who don't know (which I'm assuming is not very many), I'm almost 21 weeks pregnant. We found out last monday we're having a little boy. We're all excited to meet him around December 15th. Emmie's looking forward to having a younger sibling. I know she's looking forward to the day when she has a little friend to play with all the time.

The beginning of this pregnancy was harder than my pregnancy with Emmie. Morning (All Day) sickness kicked in at the beginning of week 6 and I threw up more during week 8 than I did my entire pregnancy with Emmie. I would wake up at 2 am having to eat something so that I wouldn't get sick. I am so thankful God allowed Zofran to be invented because after getting a prescription at my 9 week checkup the next 5 weeks were quite tolerable. I was able to lead a somewhat normal life and as Chad put it, "I got my wife back." By the end of June I was able to go off the medication and I only feel sick once and awhile now.

This spring also saw two trips to the ER. Chad earned 3 stitches in the tip of his nose after what was supposed to be an amazing over-the-shoulder catch in softball turned into a softball ricocheting off his nose. Thankfully it hit right on the tip so there were no missing teeth, no concussion, and his nose wasn't even broken. We were so thankful God protected Chad as it could have been so much worse.

The second trip was for me and was less eventful than the last time I had to go to the ER though
both trips were for the same reason. I wound up getting a migraine headache that just wouldn't go away. So we had to make a trip into the ER for an IV and medication. The same thing happened when I was pregnant with Emmie. Only that time we were driving through about 6 inches of snow to get to the hospital.

In more fun news, we purchased a swing set for Emmie in June and she has enjoyed being able to play on her "yellow swing" and in the little clubhouse this summer. Chad and I spend about 12 hours putting it together and making sure it was level (Chad did most of the work). A word to the wise, if you're looking at buying a swing set, most places put their swing sets on sale from about Easter until mid-may and then they won't run too many sales during the summer.
That's about all the news for now, Emmie's waiting for me to finish so we can go and play outside.

No comments: