Monday, March 02, 2009

After a long break....

Hello Adoring Public....or those of you who are still persistent enough to check our blog despite my long disappearance.

December and January were busy months with their fair share of ups and downs. We found out in November that we were expecting again and that was very exciting. However, by the time the middle of December rolled around morning/noon/night sickness (and I do mean night, I was eating granola bars at 2 am to keep from getting sick) had set in and I was pretty much out of commission over Christmas and New Years'. Sadly, the first week in January was not a joyful time for us a we found out we would be unable to hold our child on this side of heaven. We trust God that He is in control and though we do not understand, His grace is sufficient and His love and will for our lives is perfect.

That being said, it took another couple of months to recuperate and get back into the swing of things. But all is going well now. We're thankful that Chad has had a lot of work this year already and we're praying that things continue despite the economy. I think there is a great peace in knowing that God will supply our every need. Now that doesn't mean every want, but He does have our best interest at heart and when we trust Him we are able to be content in every circumstance. Much like Paul talks about in Phillipians: "For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

In church on Sunday the sermon was on Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. When they were confronted by Nebuchadnezzar after they refused to worship the idol, their faith in God's plan for their lives is incredible. Not only did they have the faith and confidence to say that God would deliver them out of the King's hand, but they said, "Even if He does not..." They knew that God's plan was perfect and He would use them for His glory be it alive or dead. There is such peace to be had when we align ourselves with God's plan for our lives. We might not like it, there will be times when we downright hate it, but "all thing do work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes." What a joy and relief!!

Well, I think that's about all I have in me for tonight. I'll get some pictures posted up here so you can see Emmie. She's growing up so quickly! She's very shy but if you give her time to warm up, she's a great conversationalist. =o)

2 comments:

The Young Family said...

What an encouraging post Joanna! A very good reminder to us all. :)
Love the new pictures by the way - especially Emmie posing in her new dress! Too cute!

dozenhalls said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea. Please know you are in my prayers. I love your perspective! We praise Him for all His blessings and rest in the fact that He has everything completely under control. Blessed be His name!